- Joy Division - 49,48,47,44,39,28,25,13,10,3 (306)
- New Order - 45,33,21 (99)
- Sex Pistols - 50,26,14,7 (97)
- The Clash - 41,32,11 (84)
- Stiff Little Fingers - 35,22,20 (77)
- The Jam - 40,34 (74)
- Siouxsie & the Banshees- 36,12,9,6,5 (68)
- The Undertones - 43,15 (58)
- The Cure - 46
- Bauhaus - 42
- The Damned - 38,1 (39)
- Dead Kennedys - 37
- Killing Joke - 19,17 (36)
I think that also looking at the kind of bands that made that Festive Fifty, it was a very dark time and the political and social situation in the UK then was really reflected in these generally bleak and angst-ridden songs.
As I was only 10 at the time of this chart, I have been unaware of some of the bands or songs in this chart. It was interesting to hear the song at number 49. I'd never heard of the artist or song before but I thought it interesting enough to share with you and it makes me think that maybe the band 'Air' have been inspired by it.
It is Laurie Anderson's "O Superman".